Back to PTSO Meeting Minutes
Meeting minutes from June 1, 2020
  1. Call to Order at 7:06 p.m.
  2. Minutes: Review/approval of minutes from May 13, 2020 meeting (see

Meeting minutes from the May 13, 2020 meeting were approved as written.

  1. Committee Check Ins/Transition Plans
  • President (Henderson/committee chairs)
    • ANGP: Nannette Henderson said about ten people have shown an interest in planning an alternative plan to the traditional All Night Graduation Party. Racheal Gore is in charge of the raffles, she has the winners and they will get their prize when they pick-up their cap and gown, or the prize will be delivered to the winner’s house.  Cassy Gilmore has been handling the refunds/reimbursements for ANGP tickets and other expenses.
    • Baccalaureate (decision)*: One student sent in artwork, no auditions were turned in, only two parents have volunteered to help. There doesn’t seem to be enough interest to host the event.  The church would only be able to allow 150 in attendance due to Social Distancing.  No submissions for a virtual Baccalaureate have been turned in.  It has been decided to cancel it for this school year.  Becky Chaves offered to call the church to cancel the event.
    • Beautification:
    • Directory:
    • Mosaic: Nannette will talk with Cassy on this offline
    • Scholarship:
    • Social Media:
    • Teacher of the Year:
    • Webmaster (new site)*: Steve Waugh has taken this responsibility over. He has updated the PTSO’s website.  Minutes, Newsletters are only available if you log in.  Store content is set-up, if you are a member and need to log in.  Steve is willing to host a Zoom meeting to go over all of this.
  • 1VP (Olivo/committee chairs)
    • Craft Fair: Renee Flynn is taking this over. Carla Olivo will ensure a smooth turnover and support Renee in getting her prepared to the run the event.  Usually the event is held the first Saturday in December.  Over 2000 people typically the building for it, not sure if we will be allowed to large of a group in the building due to Social Distancing.  This past   December 2350 people attended.  With that in mind discussions took place on what to do to still have a fundraiser.  Carla suggested a virtual Craft Show.  She’s looking at online market place software.  She believes we need to start something now, don’t delay or wait till closer to the time of when the event is traditionally held.  This past Craft Year we raised $20,000.  An outdoor version was also discussed, but not thought to be viable option due to tent rental fees are about $5,000 and weather is unpredictable.
    • Golf Tournament: Peggy (rescheduled to October 2020)
    • Military Connections: Laura Gedra and Christine Pesto will take over heading this up
    • SAT/ACT Bootcamp: May not happen
    • Silent Auction: Julianna Stroup
    • Walk of Fame: Problem with bricks (ordering process), 14 or 15 bricks haven’t arrived yet. Steve Waugh is installing the bricks, he was hoping to have them done by June 30th.
  • 2VP (Klunder/committee chairs)
    • Academic Awards: Barb Cammarata and Ann Wilkie. Letters usually come out in August.  Not sure if need to divide the ceremony, depends on the numbers of recipients.
    • Club Liaison: Won’t need to do this again
    • Exceptional Education: Anne Wilkie
    • Honor Roll: Janice Myers
    • Odyssey of the Mind: Suhana Rai will continue to coordinate
    • Science Fair Liaison: Patty Klunder
    • Teacher/Staff Appreciation Luncheon: (Cassy Gilmore and Patty Klunder will discuss off-line)
    • Teacher/Staff Welcome Back Breakfast: (Cassy Gilmore and Patty Klunder will discuss off-line)
  • Baccalaureate is cancelled due to lack of commitment/interest from Senior students and/or their families. Becky Chevas will contact the church to inform them of the cancelation. 
  • Treasurer (Hopkins/committee chairs) After the audit is completed the new treasurer will take over.
    • Membership: Charlene Lane
    • Audit committee: 
  • Corresponding Secretary (Gilmore/committee chairs)
    • Class Liaisons: Kidada B. will remain as the rising Junior Class Liaison, nor sure about the other three class liaisons. 
  1. Principal’s Report (Morris): A big thank you to the parents for their support and good participation at online meetings.  Pick-up of personal items in lockers and drop off of items such as textbooks went well.  The passing out of Graduation robes went smoothly.  Week of June 15th lower classmen drop off books.  The AA’s did a great job in coordinating these efforts.  Working on the close out for the 2019-2020 school year.  June 30th at 6 p.m. will be a virtual Graduation Ceremony.  Final faculty meeting is coming up soon.  Continue to encourage students to attend classes.  If students are not getting feedback from teachers please let Mr. Morris know.
  2. Announcements:
  3. Adjournment: 8:30 p.m.
PTSO Webmaster on 9/21/2020 7:06 pm

Upcoming Events